Friday, July 8, 2016

Nordic raids

I caught a kind of a range war on Twitter as it was whizzing past my feed, when one of the people I follow volunteered to be part of a Viking sperm bank. Ish.

So I clicked on the conversation and discovered a war of wits between Sweden and Denmark, with both combatants equally well armed.

You might have thought that the official Twitter accounts of two upright and responsible modern nations would limit themselves to touting tourism and engaging in the occasional damage control for pols going off the rails.


But take a look at Sweden’s account:


You know something’s up.

(Well, I do wonder how the moose masters a keyboard with hoofs, especially if it’s using a smartphone. But perhaps it just dictates its bons mots? After all, Bronx Zoo's Cobra manages pretty well without any appendages at all.)

At any rate, here are a couple of my favorite points in the exchange:




And the one that brought in the berserker I follow:


I definitely have to go to these countries. As long as they don’t make me eat lutefisk.



No comments: