Friday, October 9, 2026

On a winter's day

So, one standout from this week down the rabbit hole is the Kleptocrat announcing that—along with higher prices on everything—having Iran take out San Diego and Los Angeles would be “a small price to pay”.

I don’t hold with trying to sort out meaning from the elided and jumpy word salads that shambling orange carcass spews out, but I think the object for which the destruction of two large coastal cities that reliably vote Democrat is Iran not having a nuclear weapon, since that’s the pole star he always returns to when he’s floundering for a response to a question on this war. So I’m really confused about how, exactly, Iran would “take out” LA and San Diego, because he’s also told us that the US “obliterated” the Islamic Republic's nuclear capability more than a year ago. And—even if they’re somehow miraculously “two weeks away” from developing another one, I’m not seeing how they’d deliver it across the Pacific Ocean.

But the goobers in Nebraska, where Cadet Bonespurs first invited a country he considers a blood enemy to attack US territory, positively ate it up. So, he’ll repeat it (as he did Wednesday in San Antonio).

And today’s earworm is “California Dreamin’”, of course by The Mamas and the Papas.


©2026 Bas Bleu

 

 

No comments: