Thursday, October 8, 2026

Failure to communicate

Yesterday I made an emergency run to Trader Joe’s after my PT session and getting my Covid shot. I don’t like to go after around 1030 because just the parking lot becomes a war zone the closer you get to noon, but I had absolutely nothing on hand to use to make a salad, so I bit the bullet.

The bag I pulled out of the pile in the car to hold my groceries happened to be one I got from a community-building group I belong to. Here are the two sides:



It was interesting to watch the TJ crew member at the cash register process the text message. Sadly (and I could tell because he was literally moving his lips), he seemed to have trouble with “dismantle”, but I didn’t say anything.

 I mean, he scanned my groceries, packed the bag and wished me a great rest of the day. He did his job.

 

©2026 Bas Bleu

 

 

No comments: