Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Smart cookie

Last week, one of my colleagues (not a close one, which is good, because he’s one of those people who feels the need to contribute authoritatively on any subject) posted to a Teams channel that his daughter is doing a Girl Scout virtual cookie booth. It annoyed me, because selling Girl Scout cookies is meant to encourage skills in a girl that don’t happen when your parents basically do all the sales work for you.

I mean, standing at a table outside a grocery store, looking shoppers meaningfully in the eye is a thing. I get it that this year that's not Fauci-approved, but still.

Shortly thereafter, I found this on my doorstep:

Evidently “virtual booths” are what’s happening, but at least Wren got out of her room and put the pitch on people’s doorknobs.

Unless her dad did that for her.

Well, regardless, I ordered a box of Samoas.

 

 

No comments: