Monday, June 29, 2020

Gratitude Monday: Twilight on the path


Last week was absolutely manic at work, topped off by a Microsoft-Atlassian failure to communicate, sprinkled with a complete Atlassian screw up. Usually, I can slope off early one weekday morning to get groceries, but couldn’t even do that; I had to go out on Saturday, which is not my favorite thing, what with idiots thinking they’re in some sort of plexiglass bubble that enables them to shove in front of you to grab something off the shelf.

Well, but as I hauled my sorry ass out the door later than I’d intended, I came across some environmental additions created by the kids next door. And it stopped me short.





They also amended their mother’s parking space, which I captured later in the day:


Evidently they’ve been reading (or binge-watching) Twilight. But even though the sources of the quotes are fictional, the words are still worthy of contemplation. Especially the futility of being a rainbow to the color blind.

That’s my gratitude for today—sidewalk art. I take beauty wherever I find it.



No comments: