Friday, May 24, 2019

Not mean streets at all


Today we’ll have a mashup of Dublin streets—just things I found interesting while out and about.

Like this banner for a beauty spa:


Because of this little detail:


This one I find dismaying:


This one is certainly giving it the old school try:


Not sure how effective it is.

The fact that IKEA has its own bus line is pretty impressive:


Apparently there’s no Irish translation for it; IKEA is IKEA the world around. (Baile Anraí is Harristown; Baile Shéarlais is Charlestown; Cearnóg Mhuinseo is Mountjoy Square.)

I was interested by these two commercial vans; the first one seems to be a one-stop source for everything, really; I just like the second one’s motto:



Although the hold of the Church is loosening, there are still signs of its importance. Like this shop:


And this, er, sign:


Where I come from, you typically have your post-first communion party at IHOP.

I tweeted this to a friend of mine in Boston:


But the Dubliners are also worthy of note. I really liked this couple, for example:


And this dude, well:


Temperatures were in the 50s, but the sun was out. And so was he.



1 comment:

Unknown said...


What fun!! Felt like I was walking with you!