Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Take me Bach

Yesterday was the 231st anniversary of the birth of Johann Sebastian Bach. You know, the granddaddy of classical music.

It was also a spectacularly bad day for me at work, wasting hours while IT tried download after interminable download to solve the problem of why I wasn’t getting Ethernet connectivity in my new office (which I can also use to do a little side business of growing mushrooms).

There was another perfect storm involving facilities and a non-installed keyboard tray (which has ratcheted me up to an 8 on the pain scale), and trying to find a doctor using what my health insurer is pleased to call a provider directory. (Hint: you lose credibility if you tell me the data was updated last week, but one of the providers you list closed his office and moved to Pittsburgh last year.)

Anyhow, it was Bach’s birthday, and a genius of that magnitude deserves more than a single day. Here’s the “Cello Suite No. 1” in G. This sucker can talk me off the ledge most days.



No comments: