Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The void before the storm

The transition period between Halloween and Christmas doesn’t last long any more in the retail world. I was in Target yesterday and came across this one guy beginning the enormous task of setting up the major display for lights, decorations, wrapping paper and who-knows-what-all:


Just a couple of aisles away there was this rather poignant statement:


And right across from Mr. Jack was…this. I don’t know whether it’s left over from Halloween or in prep for Christmas. You decide.


I might have picked up some candy to tide me over the time while negotiating an offer, but all they really had left was a bunch of Reese’s bags, and I’d starve before eating that stuff.

I'll bet that kid in the middle of nothing would be ready for even the Reese's by now, though.



No comments: