Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Park it right here

A couple of years ago I had to fly out of Oakland (which I’ll never voluntarily do again), and used one of the off-site vendors of long-term parking. Their online user interface that was supposed to have resulted in a discount for several days of parking was dreadful and didn’t match with the on-site experience. They double-charged me and it took a slew of emails to get them to remove the second charge.

Naturally, by the time we were done, all hopes of getting the confirmed discount were gone into the ether.

I’ve heard nothing from them since, thankfully, so imagine my surprise the other day when this appeared in my queue:


They don't specify, but I'm assuming you're meant to park your car with them while you're on the vacation. Not happening.

And note to all businesses: please concentrate on delivering the product or service you promised, at the stated and contracted price before you start trying to entice consumers into pseudo-promotions.




No comments: