Monday, June 9, 2014

Gratitude Monday: Safe at home

As follow-on to last week’s Gratitude Monday post, today I am relieved and grateful that Dick and Carolyn have returned safely home after their adventures in Dresden.

They did move on to Berlin, although Dick’s activities were limited, and they flew back to Northern Virginia on Thursday.

(Once back on US soil, Carolun reverted to Carolyn, and stuff Nanny Autocorrect. But I’m still hoping to get Saint Virus on the fast-track to canonization.)

There was a bit of a kerfuffle over which local medical provider would step up to the plate for post-op care, but I do not doubt that it will get sorted. Because there are about 30 people on an email list who will make certain physicians’ lives pretty miserable if it doesn’t.

I would pass on Dick’s extremely vivid description of his symptoms, but I’ve already had to bleach my brain once to get that image out, and I don’t want to have to do it again.

Meanwhile, my gratitude really does overflow.


No comments: