Sunday, January 18, 2009

Third Saturday

This being the third Saturday of the month, I walked the labyrinth at Lake Washington United Methodist Church.

I really needed the anchoring because this turned out to be a hellish week. I’ve been feeling like a fish out of water in my department, and Friday there was a meeting that had me looking for the melted watches dripping over the tree branches.

So I was glad that this is the weekend for the walk.

It was a struggle for me to shed all the nonsense of the week, to clear my mind enough so that I could concentrate on the actual path before me. But that’s the whole point, isn’t it? I managed it, although I had to shake it off because it crept up on me part-way through.

In the end, I felt like I left the labyrinth in a better state than I’d entered it; but I still have miles to go.

One of the Labyrinth Keepers gave me some leads to outdoor labyrinths in the area. None of them is easily accessible—they’re either across water or require that you call ahead. But they’re something I can hold on to.

No comments: