Monday, September 14, 2026

Gratitude Monday: unexpected splendour

Saturday night was one of those not-going-to-get-any-sleep affairs; I eventually nodded off at 0400; woke up at 0500; got back to sleep; eventually just got up at 0845. Naturally, that means that yesterday morning pretty much started out crap.

I got dressed for walking and realized that the windows had fogged over, which portended my walk would be complete soup. (Android said that it was 74F and felt like 74F, but it lied; it felt ghastly. For one thing, my glasses fogged up as I stepped outside.) But I decided I’d at least walk over to the one remaining pie-plate-sized hibiscus shrub to take a picture for a neighbor.

And look what I found on my way:









I saw them because I took a different route than my normal walk, so I don’t know how long they’ve been there. But they were stunning, beautiful and exuberant. And they lifted my day into bearable. For that I am grateful.

 

 

©2026 Bas Bleu

 

 

No comments: