Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Suck it up

As you can see, there’s been a changing of the guard for vacuum cleaning chez moi. 

My Kenmore cannister vac, which I bought about 25 years ago when the previous, 30-year-old Kenmore vac died, finally gave up the ghost.

I took it to the local vacuum repair and sales shop, where the proprietor told me that while it was manufactured in the US, its heirs are made in China, as are all parts. He said that replacing the motor wouldn’t be a good investment. I went home to do some research.

Turns out a whole lot of vacuum cleaners are manufactured in China, with somewhat middling reviews. The best ones come from Germany, but they are also pricey.

Well, after mulling it over, I bit the bullet and bought the SEBO from the local guy. With an extra box of bags, it was over $1000.

It’s smaller than the old one, and lighter. But it better outlast me.

 

 

©2026 Bas Bleu

 

No comments: