Monday, February 12, 2024

Gratitude Monday: Thirty minutes

Last week I reconnected with one of my recent colleagues; we had a 30-minute video call.

AS was one of the first people in the company to welcome me by introducing me to many of the basics of threat intelligence. He gave me private tutorials and translated many of the concepts so I would be able to understand at least 17% of the conversations I heard on conference calls.

He also introduced me to the daily digest emails, an aggregation of news reports of activities by threat actors, along with brief analyst takes on what was happening. Those emails became my daily devotionals, and I learned so much from reading them.

Our half hour last week whizzed by in seconds as he gave me the gouge on what it’s like as part of the software megalith that acquired our company 15 months ago. Rounds of layoffs (mostly timed for a couple of weeks before bonuses would be paid) weigh pretty heavily, and that makes it a bit of a challenge to carry on. But he’s doing okay.

And I’m grateful to have had that 30 minutes, to see him, listen to him and laugh with him. That is such a gift.

 

 

 

No comments: