Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Cross communication

Had several interviews last week, which in itself is odd, it being Thanksgiving, with a maximum of three working days for most people in the US. But it got…odder.

We were toddling along fine; I told him about my experience, he told me about the opportunity and the company. Then he said, “Okay, I’ve some logistics to get out of the way.”

Well, I thought that was a segue to the question of compensation, but no.

Recruiter: This job requires reporting into one of our US offices, either Tampa or Salt Lake City. Are you okay with relocation, and if so, to which?

Me:

Recruiter: I thought I mentioned that in my email…?

Me:

(He had not. It would have kinda stood out if he had.)

So, that was a hard stop.

I hesitated on whether I should point out an error on their website, but what the hell—I wasn’t getting the job anyhow, so I sent him a reply to his initial email (which did not mention the relocation thing) and directed him to the solutions page, where three inches of text separated a repetition of the same statistics, but with one number changed.


It’s not clear to me why you’d repeat this data on the same page, but if you’re going to do that, you should not say that the decrease in alert triage and response times is 58% in one instance and in the other it’s 52%.

As of yesterday, they hadn’t fixed it.

 

 

 

No comments: