Monday, September 12, 2022

Gratitude Monday: turning a corner

The deal for the acquisition of my employer by a much larger company closes today. There’s a lot of uncertainty for the company being acquired in deals like this.

Well, to be precise—there’s a lot of uncertainty and anxiety among the people of the company being acquired. Management always tells you that the acquiring company values the people of the acquired company, but in the end, it’s a crapshoot.

I went through something like this back in 2000. It did not end well.

And, tbh, my position is particularly uncertain, as I am, ah, currently between departments. And you never know what elements of an organization will be considered surplus to requirements in the larger organization.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and here’s my conclusion: the gods will make their decision and whatever happens, I’ll deal with it. Perhaps not well, but it’ll be dealt with.

In the meantime, I’m grateful for the opportunity to work in this field, to fight the good fight and to contribute to the whole.

 

 

 

No comments: