Friday, August 12, 2022

Goin' back to find

Since my flight out of Singapore leaves Changi at 0030 Saturday, my earworm for today is Gladys Knight singing “Midnight Train to Georgia”.

And in keeping with that theme, here are some signs from Singapore’s underground transit, MRT. Which I found super efficient, startlingly clean and really inexpensive to use.

There are some restrictions due to COVID-19, along the lines of masking up and shutting up to stop the spread:


I confess that, while everyone did the former, there were some chatters.

This sign about MRT no-nos was interesting:

I understand the Durian fruit has an unspeakably bad smell.

This sign tells me that the country is fully committed to keeping its citizens in power, although I do wonder how people would be at any given station long enough to take advantage of it.

Peace out; next post will be from the People’s Republic of Reston.

Here's Gladys:



 

 

No comments: