Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Court-ordered stretches

I started following comedians Trae Crowder and Corey Ryan Forrester on Twitter because I love the cognitive dissonance of literate anti-RWNJ rants in their southern accents. (Crowder is from Tennessee and Forrester’s a Georgian.) They travel the comedy club circuit with Drew Morgan as the Liberal Rednecks; tickets at WellRED Comedy.

I also subscribe to Crowder’s and Forrester’s podcasts and posts, even though I don’t like podcasts. Listening to Forrester’s “This Week in Southern History” drops alone is worth the $60 a year. And Crowder’s “Help Reviews”, in which he rips apart political scandals are cherce. (The Valentine’s Day one on political sex scandals could have gone on for hours, given all the material; he didn’t even hit Warren G. Harding, the bull in the herd.) And his "Learn Us Something" drops are also edifying, which seems like it's the point.

I confess I’ve not gone down the Morgan rabbit hole yet; but I suppose that’s inevitable. The three are such an antidote to the MAGA crowd.

Well, evidently Crowder is now living in California, so here’s a sketch they did, which lampoons both rednecks and Left Coasties. 

You're welcome.

 

 

 

No comments: