Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Secure delivery

I don’t know when this started, but apparently FedEx isn’t quite so fussed about getting signatures for package delivery.

When my company shipped me a new laptop because my old one was trying to kill me, the notification email told me that delivery would be NLT noon on last Friday and that someone would have to sign for it. I saw the truck pull up from my desk at the front window, so I trotted over to the door. I opened it just as he finished knocking; he seemed surprised, handed the package to me and turned around.

So much for signature.

But earlier in the week, I had an identical experience. My shipment of wine from Cellar 503 (wonderful samplers of Oregon wines) came with a voicemail notification specifying delivery date and the requirement for a signature by someone over 21 years of age. Again, I saw the driver and hopped to the front door. By the time I got it open, he was halfway back to his truck.

If you think I’m imagining it, here’s the sticker covering half of the top of the carton:


 

‘Ssup, FedEx?  

 

 

No comments: