Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Table manners

Ever since my one-week PTO last October, I’ve made a point of sitting down at the dining table each morning for breakfast. Even if it’s just a piece of toast and coffee, I set the table with a napkin, cutlery, coffee cup and glass for OJ or sparkling water.

Sometimes, if I remember to take it out of the freezer the night before to proof, I have a Trader Joe’s bake-it-yourself pain au chocolate. Those suckers are remarkably good.

But here’s the thing I noticed: I do not seem to be able to eat one without getting chocolate all over my face. Viz: this is the napkin from breakfast the other day:

I’m really rather glad that I’m eating this all by myself and only the birds can see me. But I wonder what I looked like in Paris after my petit déjeuner, which also had a pain au chocolate?

Um.

 

 

No comments: