Saturday, December 19, 2020

We've been good, but we can't last

A friend saw yesterday’s post about the birds, and he asked about the squirrel that appeared in one of the videos. Because it seemed to be getting along with the birds in the frame.

Well, as you know, I have issues with squirrels. They’re cute, furry little landsharks who wreak havoc on my potted plants and vacuum up all the birdseed on the ground. But yesterday I gave the squirrel a pass.

(Fortunately, it was just the one. Some days I’ve had as many as five of them out on my patio, acting decidedly squirrely, and that is just not on.)

Anyhow, this squirrel appeared fairly early on in the storm, and he actually had a hedgehog appearance with the snow on his tail curled on his back.


Here he is in action


Well, tying this to Advent, I looked for a “Carol of the Squirrels”, which I did not find. However, there is this song about chipmunks, so here you go.



 

No comments: