Thursday, May 28, 2020

Child's play


On my get-the-hell-out-of-the-house walk yesterday, I was suddenly fascinated by the architecture of the play center jobber in the local tot lot. So here are some pix of it.

The overall structure:


Exterior of a little hidey-hole under one of the slides:


Interior of same:


Now, the piled-up cannon balls and barrel-o-gunpowder just made me wonder if parents ever actually looked at it.

Also, I note that the portholes are paned with strong plastic. I guess they didn’t want the local fire department called out every other weekend from kids getting their heads stuck in the holes. I also wonder if that was as-designed originally or if, somewhere in play equipment antiquity, the manufacturer got sued?

But now we get to the slides, which I found fascinating. There wasn’t a one that really looked the slides of my childhood. I mean—here’s this double-wide:


And this curvy one:


This other double one I found…uh, suggestive:


But the absolute take-the-biscuit corker was this one:


Seriously?





No comments: