Thursday, September 26, 2019

Best practice



Yesterday it was business ethics, followed by active shooter training, and I wanted nothing so much when I got home than to take a shower and watch non-stop puppy and kitten videos.

This downer was magnified by the knowledge that the current occupant of the Oval Office would fail the most basic ethical quiz, and the full understanding that “active shooter” is now embedded in our culture.

My workspace is about five meters from one of the entrances to the elevator lobby. The entrance, BTW, is double doors. Glass doors. So I’ll probably be one of the first victims.

If I’m not, I might be able to make it to the mothers’ room, which has a solid wood door and a heavy upholstered chair, which I might be able to shove against the door. Failing that, there’s also a microwave oven, which I could throw at the shooter; because in the event you can’t run or hide, “best practice” is to fight back.

Bring on the kittens and puppies.




No comments: