Saturday, April 13, 2019

Upsoaring wings: Waters of the Nile


Since it feels as though we’ve all fallen down the rabbit hole, I think it’s time to have a couple of poems from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. I don’t think they need much of an introduction from me; I’ll just point out that Lewis Carroll’s silliness makes more sense than politics these days.

“Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat”

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat
How I wonder what you’re at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle little bat!
How I wonder what you’re at!

“The Crocodile”

How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
With gently smiling jaws!




No comments: