Monday, April 22, 2019

Gratitude Monday: sudden storm


A tornado touched down in the People’s Republic Friday night. Trees were tossed around like matchsticks and there was what looked like serious property damage, but no reports of injuries or worse.

It was maybe about a mile and a half from my place, but I didn’t find out about it until I saw the story in WaPo the next day. We got a lot of twigs and some branches down, but no power outage and no roads blocked. So for me the weekend was walking over to the first farmers market of the season and laying in a stock of the only decent bread I’ve been able to find in Northern Virginia. (I also bought a bunch of radishes, which I worked out cost $0.35 apiece.)

Here’s a clip I shot on my way home earlier in the week; not a tornado, but still pretty brisk:



Today I’m grateful that the only aftermath to Friday’s winds for me was picking up smallish branches and sweeping my patio.



No comments: