Friday, June 22, 2018

Failure to engage


As you know, I’m fascinated by how people behave on social media, especially those who tout themselves as influencers, thought leaders and mavens. Very often they are the ones who follow you and then unfollow as soon as you’ve followed them back. They’re all about self-amplification, and only self-amplification, regardless of what they claim.

Here’s one of my latest subjects. I don’t even know why Larry Kim followed me (or when), and I don’t know why he has a blue checkmark. But the fact that his profile claims he “popularized Unicorns in Marketing” [his capitalization] gave me a clue as to what to expect.

He loves to post Wisdom of various sorts, viz:


Note the highlighted directive WRT engaging. Then know that when I commented on another of his Unicorn Droppings:


…He never responded.

#fail



No comments: