Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Broken hearted and gliding over Mulholland

After some confusion in the initial reports, it’s been confirmed that singer Tom Petty died on Monday, following a cardiac arrest. He was 66.

I don’t quite know what to say; Petty was one of my go-to rockers for so long.

Everyone has their favorites from him. “I Won’t Back Down” seems to be a popular choice, and of course it could be the hymn of the Resistance these days.


But I’ve got two different picks. “Refugee” is one I periodically turn to as a reminder that I don’t have to…well, you know.


There are many types of refugees, after all.

But my personal anthem is “Free Fallin’”.


There’s just something about that Valley vibe that takes me home every time.

Nonetheless, 2017, I am sick to death of you.



No comments: