Thursday, May 11, 2017

Cookie monsters

As you know, I often pick up oddities from my forays around the web; things I find of interest for one reason or another. Viz.:


Who among you, I ask, is actually “happy” to deal with cookies?

We all know that people foist cookies on visitors’ browsers not because they give a toss about your “experience”, but so they can monetize the traffic. Either directly on the site, or by tracking your web browsing (depending on the type of cookie).

I reckon that the least I can do is clear cookies from my cache on a regular basis, just to make it harder for them. In the end, I understand that I can’t stop the cookies altogether and still navigate the Web. But I can do my part to mess with their minds wherever possible.

And no, I am not “happy” with it.



No comments: