Monday, May 2, 2016

Gratitude Monday: Beauty growing on trees

At some point during the development of the various communities in the Valley They Call Silicon, someone must have got a terrific deal on magnolias, because they’ve been planted all over the South Bay and the Peninsula, in residential yards and along municipal parking strips.

I used to love encountering them on my walks; they never failed to lift my spirits, whatever their stage of blooming. If you caught them at just the right time, you could even step into their scent.


But let me say that, on a walk around my neighborhood last week, I was struck as of old by the power of dogwood, which I prefer to the vaunted cherry trees. When dogwood are in full bloom, they are just clouds of beauty, white or pink.




And today I’m grateful that I am back amongst them.



No comments: