Friday, February 26, 2016

The really bottom line

With respect to yesterday’s report on my experience with Verizon Fios even before they start delivering what they’re pleased to call service, and in the light of every experience I’ve ever had with Comcast over the years, here’s what I take away.

This is how miserable they are even when they are in competition. In the Valley They Call Silicon I could have gone with AT&T or satellite, although I admit that Comcast offered a more robust technical capability. And in the current situation, the building is wired for both Comcast and Fios.

They are literally sharing the same conduits.

And yet they still feel free to jerk their customers and potential customers around like latter-day robber barons with secure monopolies.

Way to go, free-market capitalism, way to go.




No comments: