Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For the birds

Well, I thought this was interesting. The finches, goldfinches and juncos go through the seed in my feeder on the balcony so fast that I decided to order a 20-lb bag from Amazon.
  

Not so much because it’s cheaper than at PetsMart, but because this way the UPS guy schlepps it up to the third floor walk-up, not me.

(You would not believe how rapacious those little birds are. I stopped filling the feeder to the top because that would only result in 20 of them seething all over the exterior, pushing each other off and throwing seeds onto the ground. Even so, I have to replenish it once a day.)

Well, I got an order confirmation PDQ, and then a couple of hours later, confirmation that the order had shipped. Fine.

What was interesting to me was that the order confirmation gave me a guaranteed delivery date:


By shipping confirmation time, however, it had changed to expected delivery date:


Um.



No comments: