Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Insuring health?


Anthem BCBS is the worst possible health insurance you can have while still having insurance. I’ve loathed them since I was in Virginia; they had the lock on the small-organization/individual market there, and they do here in California, too.

They’re snotty for both member and provider to deal with. On a recent six week round of me chasing up a claim, I was lied to by three separate member reps. Three separate, contradictory lies about the status of a claim that everyone knew in advance they were going to deny.

But imagine my surprise to receive an envelope in the mail announcing Big Discounts for Anthem Members! And finding these enclosed:


Hey, you useless example of everything that’s wrong with the US healthcare system—I do not want coupons for $1 off ice cream or mayonnaise from my insurer. I’m paying you stupid money every month for you to process my claims in accordance with our contract without a load of either stick or lies.

Imagine that!


No comments: