Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recruiters 29


If anyone’s wondering why the unemployment situation is so dire, I submit that a major contributor is the unassailable fact that 97.9% of recruiters are just complete morons.

I’ve given you many, many examples of this in the past, but here’s one from just this week.

Email came into my queue on Friday from one of the approximately 12,677 employees of a large, national recruitment firm specializing in tech positions. It slugged “Noticed your resume – new job open for a Sr. Product Manager (Start UP) – please apply!”

Well, coming from this particular operation, that’s pretty meaningless. And, as is also typical for this outfit, the job description was…not exactly straightforward. So I emailed him asking for clarification:



And here’s what I got back from him:


Well, ooookay, then. He hadn’t answered my questions, but he’d given me enough information to know the job’s not for me. So I filed it in the appropriate folder.

Imagine my surprise, then, to find this in my queue on Monday:


I needn’t tell you that the job description is identical to what he’d sent before.

And, as I’ve said many, many times before: I just don’t know how these people remain employed.


No comments: