Friday, December 14, 2012

Sandy Hook


In the wake of today’s shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., the only comment I have is to reiterate what I said after the last major mass shooting, at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee (which followed less than a month after another mass shooting at a movie theatre in Aurora, Colo.)

“Let me just say that a whackjob with a gun doesn’t really need a cause to espouse or a specific group to hate; all he needs is the weapon(s), the ammo, the access & maybe the ability to go to full-auto.“

I was right, too—it didn’t take long for the next whackjob to target more victims for any or no reason at all.



2 comments:

Roo said...

You were absolutely right, though it's he kind of thing one hates to be right about....

Bas Bleu said...

What drills a hole in my heart about this is that my post about the Sikh temple massacre could have been applied equally well to the shooting in Aurora and the slaughter in Newtown. When the hell did mass murder become something that you can draw on boilerplate for your commentary?