Thursday, November 8, 2012

Month of writing dangerously, Chapter 2


We’re a week into NaNoWriMo, and I’m knee deep in word count. So far, as the jumper said passing the 15th floor, so good.

And, speaking of passing, here’s something passing strange—people participating in NaNoWriMo have Write-Ins. They get together at coffee shops and libraries and even bars to unfold laptops and write. Who knew that writing was a social activity?

I’ve not been to any of them so far, although I do go to coffee shops to write at least some of my daily word count. But I’m thinking that one of the South Bay “lush write-in” is something I cannot miss. In a couple of weeks they’re having it at a pub about a mile away from me. (It and the Starbucks are the only two businesses in that particular shopping center that aren’t Asian.) That one’s calling my name.

As for my progress towards logging 50,000 words by month’s end: shhh, but I’m rounding on 50% done.

Still looking for forensic, investigative and North-of-England help, though.



No comments: