Friday, October 12, 2012

Deeper roots


As follow-up to my post about root canal, it turns out that looking like you’ve channeled Winston Churchill with a swollen-up bulldog jaw, and a whole lotta pain, are not what’s expected post-procedure.

Even though the pain has abated somewhat and the swelling has gone down a bit, when I called my dentist, she said to come in yesterday afternoon. She cleaned out the area and gave me stronger prescriptions for antibiotics and pain meds.

These antibiotics require that you take them with food, which will make a nice change, as I’ve not really eaten anything since about last Friday. (Just as well, because they are freaking horse-pills. Evidently you can't concentrate this stuff, you just have to pile it up higher and deeper.) I started out with sushi, which I got while the pharmacy next door was filling the scripts.

Let’s hope this time around it works, because I have been seriously too stupid to even drive for the past week.

  


1 comment:

Roo said...

Oh,my! I'm so sorry! None of my root canals were anywhere near this bad. Hope you're feeling better soon!