Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic mania


I was reading a commentary in The Economist about the opening ceremony at the Olympic games, which was mildly interesting.

But, wherever I can, I also read readers’ comments. And in this instance, here’s where I went straight to hell.

One DeweyV asked, “What? No Benny Hill…?” To which speedface6 replied, “Apparently they’re playing the Benny Hill theme song during the breaks at the beach volleyball.”

And, you know what? Even though I’ve not seen a Benny Hill episode in decades, that manic sax just immediately leapt to my mind and has been dashing madly about between my ears ever since.

Let me share the love:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One measure of this madcap melody is all it would take for me to identify it and conjure up images of dirty old men chasing half-undressed nurses; I could remember it even without signing into this blog (which is an achievement by itself).