Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gifts galore, Pt. 2

I’ll get around to other seasonal posts, but this topic came my way and I thought I’d pass it on in time for anyone who finds it useful to act upon it.


Now, I’m completely aware that the world doesn’t need any more mean-spiritedness or bloody-mindedness than already exists. In the halls of Congress alone we have sufficient of both, combined with pettiness on an imperial scale, to wrap around the equator 16 times. With enough left over to tie a fancy bow stretching across Africa.

Still, like picturing yourself bitch-slapping a colleague or showing up at your high school reunion claiming to be the inventor of Post-its®, thinking about giving some of these gifts (as appropriate) can be a refreshing interlude in this whole holiday whirl.




No comments: