Friday, November 4, 2011

Surgical strike Pt 2

Okay, ready for arthroscopy.

Turned down the opportunity to rent (at my own expense—insurance companies won’t reimburse) a cold therapy unit. 1) The description of how it works kind of scared me. 2) I don’t know how I’d haul it up two flights of stairs while on crutches. 3) I have plenty of ice bags and bags of ice and I know how to use both.

Finally (after several calls) connected with the driver who’s hauling me to and from Burlingame. Not feeling overwhelmed by competence here; but he’s a practice employee, so it’s on him to get me there on time. He’s picking me up at 0530 for a 0630 arrival at the centre.

Gave the same health/prescription information to the surgical centre nurse that I gave to the surgical nurse last week. They may be testing me to see if I'm sticking to my story.

Procedure scheduled for 0745. I’m hoping to be on my way home by noon.

Seriously looking forward to not having to deal with any work nonsense until Monday. There’s less pain involved in surgery on both knees than in what’s going on there.



No comments: