Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Every body to get from street...

Last Thursday in the Silicon Valley the news of the death of Steve Jobs competed with the taking down of a gunman who killed three coworkers at a local quarry.

And by “taking down” I mean “shot full of holes and dead, dead, dead.”

The interesting thing to me is that I first found out about it via a voicemail from the local authorities on my landline, alerting all local residents that the alleged perp had been spotted in my neighborhood. The VM included a description of the suspect and his car.

That was the first time I’ve ever had one of those emergency calls. And buildings on both Apple and HP campuses were locked down on account of the local sightings. I will also say that I was really careful about having to take out my trash that evening.

The other interesting thing to me is that the cops blew the guy away in a house about a mile and a quarter away from me.

Maybe there is a reason why my renters’ insurance went up $200 when I moved from San José to here…





1 comment:

David Gorsline said...

This never would have happened to Whittaker Walt.