Monday, January 3, 2011

Recruiters 7

I started out the new year by getting a thanks-but-no-thanks email from a recruiter for a software company. She said, “We were fortunate to have received a good response to our job posting and after careful consideration, we did determine another applicant is a better fit at this time for our hiring needs.”

Well, fine. But I’m wondering if they have a more suitable candidate why I would have been pinged for this exact same job by one of my job boards yesterday.

Still, I’m relieved. It may sound like sour grapes, but I had serious reservations about managing a product that helps big pharma more efficiently screw consumers worldwide, which is what this company builds.

(Look, I do have a moral compass. I turned away a recruiter who was dangling a PM gig at Walmart because I deplore their employment & sourcing practices. &, back in the day, I also fended off an opportunity to work for the NRA.)

Also, I wasn’t wild about commuting to Pleasanton to do it. Pleasanton strikes me as the East Bay equivalent of Stepford.

So, back to the slog.

No comments: