Friday, October 27, 2017

Nightmares on New York Avenue

As you know, Halloween is just around the corner. Last year those antic wits in IT turned the server room into a bloodbath, so I was rather wondering what would happen this time round.

Looks like we’re on our way.

I caught some of them putting up this wallscape yesterday afternoon:


It was a team effort, being that big. As I wandered off to pick up my print job, I heard the mastermind say that they now had to put up all the bats. “There’s a shedload of bats,” were her actual words.

Well, later on I came by with my mobile to take pix, and there was only one, lone, lorn bat on the wall:


Turns out there were indeed a flock of bats, but they have yet to take flight:


I asked one of the scape hangers about that. He said, with some bitterness, “A lot of people aren’t doing their job.”

In other news, following the contretemps in the ladies loo, didn’t seem like there’d be much more that could cause intake of breath. However, I opened the outer door yesterday morning and was reasonably startled to find this on the inner one:


(BTW: the men's loo is not similarly decorated. See above about some people not doing their jobs.)

Finally, my own contribution to seasonal decorating is this piece of my California heritage:


Boo!





No comments: