Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ending the war to end all wars


It’s getting to the point that I probably shouldn’t even point out when the History/Military Channels screw up their programming blurbs. But I can’t help myself. I’m just hardwired that way.

(I still have trouble remembering how to pronounce that Norwegian playwright’s name, because I have the dyslexic “Isben” of one of my seminar classmates in Modern European Humanities imprinted on my cortex. She did a report on the writer of A Doll’s House, Ghosts and Hedda Gabblerand called him Isben every time. I’ve actually kept my class notes because I jotted down every one of her unique pronouncements in the left-hand margins against the stuff I thought might be called upon in a test situation.)

Anyhow, here’s the latest, from the Memorial Day weekend. They’ve moved the salient date of World War I up a century.


Pity they can’t do away with the four years of conflict altogether.


No comments: