Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mandatory fun

The group I'm working for is having an "all-hands" meeting this evening. At Dave & Buster's.

I am completely stultified with dismay. I've never been to a Chuck-E-Cheese & I don't see why I should go to a DnB.

I feel as though I have to go--first, there are lots of people on this project who actually work in my building whom I've never met, because they do everything via conference calls. Then I'm curious about how this outfit operates outside of the tech.

A colleague came over from Bangalore a month or so ago & several people took him out to lunch. To an Indian buffet. Plus, the conversation never once got off the solution & selling it. I didn't learn one thing about any of them. Except that one of them likes okra a lot.

Already I find it interesting that the invitation to this do only went out on Friday, two work days before the event. What's up with that, I wonder?

I just hope to God they're not planning on getting me to play arcade games. I'd rather swallow fresh compost.

1 comment:

Arn said...

It's cheap and noisy. Mostly cheap.