Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chocolate coating


Following on my post yesterday about the Israeli study on the benefits of chocolate for breakfast, there’s another study indicating that…well, that people in Michigan think the last chocolate they’re offered tastes best.

In this study, subjects were offered, in random order, five kinds of Hershey’s Kisses: milk, dark, crème, caramel and almond. One group wasn’t told when the supply of chocs was going to run out; the other was informed when the fifth was brought out that it was the last.

In that second group, when asked to rate which Kiss they liked best, they tended to pick the last one--to the tune of 64%. (The first group rated the last chocolate best only 22% of the time.) And researchers concluded that if you think something is the last to come your way, you’ll choose it as the best.

Here’s my response:

I’m not sure I’d have eaten any of the Kisses, because Hershey’s? Please. Second, I’m going to choose dark chocolate no matter what order it comes to me. I definitely wouldn’t have ingested the milk chocolate one at all.

So, I don’t know what’s up with those Michiganders, but this is one study that I'd send back for rework.




No comments: