Monday, September 14, 2020

Gratitude Monday: Trifecta

Three wonderful things happened this weekend. First, my yoga instructor gave my lesson in my house again, and it was just exactly what I needed.

Also on Friday, my Kiwi friend in the UK, DLF, reached out to me with his thoughts on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Back when it happened 19 years ago, DLF was one of the first people to call to check on me. On that ghastly day, my colleagues in Europe bathed me in support and sorrow. 

In the intervening years, we’ve been in contact off and on—he introduced me to both Gmail and Skype. And in job-hunt mode, we’ve acted as accountability partners, typically in bi-monthly video calls.

Well, starting around February, he kind of disappeared, so I was so glad to hear from him. And yesterday we rebooted our video calls, and it was such a joy for me to be able to talk with him again. I told him about my yoga experience, and that reminded him that he’s not practiced in some time, and maybe he should resume.

The third object of gratitude was that yesterday the watermelon fairy paid me a visit. I do not have a photo of the whole melon, because I cut it open too quickly. But here’s half of it.



It was sweet, juicy and flavorful. Exactly what I needed for my Sunday lunch.

I am so blessed.

 

 


No comments: