Thursday, August 13, 2020

Twofer


It’s been a while since I posted any of my vanity plate oddities. So here’s one I found at the local Trader Joe’s:
  

I mean, seems appropriate for a blue car.

The story here is that I was walking past this car to get to mine, and just as I was leaning down to shoot the plate, I noticed there was a woman behind the wheel. You do feel a little foolish when caught in the act, so I waited until she got out before saying that I just collect vanity plate pix and try to figure out the stories behind them.

We agreed that people who just have their initials are sorely lacking in imagination. And we were equally frustrated when we couldn’t figure out some plate content.

As it happens, the day before I’d been coming out of the Harris-Teeter and noticed a Mini Cooper idling by the barrier (grocery stores in Virginia frequently block off the pavement around their entrances so you can’t take your shopping cart to your car; I get it that shopping cart theft is a thing, but I have never fancied leaving my groceries unattended while fetching my car. You never know who’s going to spit in the bags). The plate was ‘N AVANT”.

I did not shoot a picture, but verified with the driver if the meaning was “en avant”, which is “let’s go”, or “forward” in French. It was.

The blue car lady and I both approved.

Actually, as long as I’m talking blue cars, here’s another:




No comments: