Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Password of the day

So, on Friday the entire company was told we needed to create new passwords, but immediately, and yesterday was a complete…uh, you don’t want to know. 

Let me just say that the Okta account management application apparently let me create a new passphrase that is too long for my Windows Active Directory login, but didn’t tell me. So, as of time of this writing, I’m logged into my laptop with yesterday morning’s password, but into the VPN with yesterday afternoon’s password, and I’m afraid to turn the machine off for the night, because I don’t know how I’ll get back in.

Also, I put my phone number in Help Desk’s queue for a call back around noon EST, which was more than six hours ago.

Good thing this is a short work week.

UPDATE: I called IT before 0700 this morning, got straight through to an engineer and within five minutes he fixed it. I am savèd.

 

 

 

No comments: