Thursday, October 8, 2020

OBE

Here’s how my Wednesday started yesterday: 

I don’t have a pantry, and my 1970 kitchen doesn’t have sufficient cupboard space for all the things you need for baking: multiple types of flour, multiple types of sugar, multiple types of chocolate, multiple types of dried fruit, multiple types of bran, multiple types of etc. So I have a bunch of paper grocery bags and half-cartons that you take your shopping home from Costco in, loaded with all this stuff. One box for bags of flour, one for bags of sugar, one for chocolate, etc. 

As an aside, a lot of products that come in “resealable” bags really don’t, because after you’ve poured, say, some brown sugar out of the bag, it just won’t reseal. I know this.

However, yesterday morning I needed to get to the bag of raw sugar that I use by the half-demitasse spoon for my coffee. To do that I had to pull aside one of those mega bags of chocolate chips that you get from Costco. In one of those “resealable” bags. And chocolate chips poured out into the sugar box. To be followed shortly afterward by a bunch of light brown sugar that came out of the other bag I had to move to get to the raw sugar.

So I spent an inordinate amount of time picking chocolate chips out of brown sugar and tossing them back into their bag. (Soon to be superseded by an OXO pop-up canister.) The sugar I dumped.

And now I have my project for Friday’s company-wide mental health day: I’m reorganizing my kitchen.

 

 

No comments: