Thursday, October 1, 2015

And More!

This is apparently a chain of restaurants.


There are outlets around the Valley They Call Silicon, as well as…Torrance.

From their website, it looks a little like they’re the Chipotle of the sea.

When I saw the first one, in Cupertino, I thought it must be some one-off place that hired someone’s nephew in high school to come up with the name and branding. But no, it’s a chain. They probably paid some concept-restaurant consulting company to do it all.

It’s clear, however, that “it all” doesn’t include understanding of the difference between plural and possessive. And that tooth-aching apostrophe is going to keep me out of their stores forever. Because I'm too busy asking, "Fish's Wild What?" to eat anything.

Is it "Fish Grill & More!"? As in "Fish's Wild Fish Grill & More!"? Because, if so, why would it be "Fish's Wild Fish Grill"? To distinguish it from "Fish's Wild Goat Grill"? No, I just don't get it.





No comments: